Friday, January 22, 2010

Sleeps and da Hunts for da Pretties

WHAT I DID TODAY

Mostly...Slept ALOT
I was feeling very sick yesterday afternoon and thinking that a good sleep fixes all, I went to bed with the notion that I would awake feeling on top of the world. Only I opened my eyes to feel like the aftermath of a frontal labotamy! So I have spent the day forcefully sleeping, meaning...body giving me no choice in the matter, I could have slept standing up! :)

Updated my photo downloading, well then got in a bit of a pickle...
Seeing as Mr in Wonderland's computer is doing strange nerdy fixing thingys that I don't what to do with, I am unable to upload the photos from my kanzashi flower class. Now because of this I have now promised myself that this weekend I am to go and buy one of those scanning, photocopying, printing, SD plugging-iny downloading things, you know the ones :)

By the way, the class was a hoot, three hours learning the folding of fabric, how to cut them and sew them together into fabulous little flowers. I made many new friends, all 10/12 years old, we discussed Gossip Girl and fashion, we talked about school, ate chips and made flowers...I had heaps of fun.

Did some research for our latest adventure...
Now our current activity in the works is our Australia Day Picnic of which I have our 50's style picnic set, Sarah is to make Aussie sweets and I, savouries! We will be lapping up the sunshine with board games, sewing, crafting, reading books, dozing and of course wining and dining....ahh doesn't it sound lovely!
So of course my head is spinning with ideas...

Some catching up in the Blogosphere...
Now another thing that has me all inspired is Sarj's Garden Party over at Her Travel Romance  so whilst searching for how to make paper flowers, I've found these...

Now these I've seen all over the place, especially on the wedding websites, but I just think they'd look darling gently blowing in the breeze around a big white gazebo or from a lush over-hanging tree...plus look how easy these are to make.

Oh yeah, you must see this, I love little tricks...this rose you make with the sticker and the wrapper of a Farrerro Rocher, cute!

I found a new little blog called kootut murut with the cutest 50's house renovation and stories of her dogs destroying bits as they go... here's a sneek peek...


Some of it isn't in English, but the pictures are beautiful and speak for themselves.

It has me all inspired to get back into getting this place all organised and pretty, it kind of stayed in a state of disarray after "the great flood of 2009" :)

I hate being sick, it is SO inconvenient, I want to do so many lovely things...sleeping all day I do not prize as one of them. Although is kind of lovely to sleep on the sofa with the breeze off the lake coming through the balcony window, with a big ginger kitty snoozing at your feet...




No comments:

Post a Comment