Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pick a Pretty Posy

Now I've been very excited about these an I know I've been updating the progress on Facebook but have just realised that I haven't put them on here...check out how clever I am...:)
These are felt and vintage button bridal bouquets, each piece is cut and embroidered all by hand, it is very lengthy process as I'm a perfectionist and there can't and NEVER will  be a single messy stitch! I'm been doing embroidery since I was six years old. I loved cross stitches and long stitch, in fact I was a giant dork in primary school and spent most of my lunchtimes, under a tree in the sunshine stitching the largest long stitch this world has ever seen! :) I stitched in between dance classes as a little girl and loved spending time sewing with my Nanna who also taught me how to knit from the age of 5.
This one is inspired by my Mum's SERIOUS obsession with lime, I FLIPPED when I saw this lime felt, it's not fluoro like usual, but a really pretty lime colour.
I LOVE pink, this one is so pretty with magenta, baby pink and white, plus I have the most AMAZING collection of pink vintage buttons from eBay, a small fortune but oh-so-very worth it! The stitching in this one was very fun because the pale pink against the magenta just pops! I also started adding centres to the 3D flowers so I could add more buttons...my FAVOURITE is that magenta 3D one, could you guess? :)
The creme and white is subtle in colour but textured and detailed, there's a little bit of creme/peach colour to warm it up a bit. The lovely thing about white vintage buttons is that most of your collection is full of them and they have this pretty pearlescent shine to them. Also most of the prettiest and elaborate floral buttons are white. You can see one of the little kanzashi flowers, that's made out of a vintage gentlemen's hanky, which I LOVE the way it turned out. I also am working with vintage doilies so heirlooms and treasures can be incorporated into clients custom bouquets. The kanzashi flowers are great because I can use all sorts of sentimental things that people keep but don't really don't know what to do with them (by people I mean very much, me), like maybe the shirt from a first date, Grand-dad's pocket handkerchief, lace and bead-work from your Mum's wedding dress (only because 1980's dresses aren't cool yet to wear the whole thing hehe).
This is MY bridal bouquet, ruby red and baby blue (of course) with little pops of pink and white. This one is more of a 'hand-picked posy' style which combined the 3d flowers and embroidered flowers together all jumbled. The others are more rounded and 'organised'. This is made out of buttons from my Great grandmother, grandmother and friends. 
I love these because I wanted flowers that I could keep, were different and sentimental and wouldn't leave Mr in Wonderland sneezy and red-eyed all day as he has terrible allergies. Not to mention I'm a pretty gung-ho kinda gal, I definitely do not want to spend the day fluffing about with flowers, but I still want them to be beautiful, of course. But they need to be strong and "fun-friendly" so if I should accidently sit on them a bit or get them caught on something faffing about, they bend right back and will not disintegrate into petals :) Plus we are having a Summer wedding, my focus is the man I'm marrying not 'misting ' my bouquet :)

So these are up in my Made It shop for any bride's-to-be...I make bouquets for Bridesmaid's, flower girls (also good for the "squishing" factor hehe), table centrepieces, flower head bands for baby flower girls, boutannieres for the guys, brooches for MOB etc, brooches can also be pinned to napkins and taken as   
bonbonnieres... anything your heart desires. Now after my fabulous success with my hats, I'll also be able to custom a vintage styled veil hat/s as well, should you wish...but details on that product line soon...

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God's blessings too you. Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the white and creme one when I eventually con some poor sod into marrying me=P. They're all so lovely!!! Good on you for following your dream Ash!

    ReplyDelete