Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Margaret River Swing Camp 2011

Ok so I'm naughty and didn't blog when I said I would but I've been very much one for procrastination at the moment, I don't know why but geez I'm determined to cut it out because it is definitely annoying me. Well I better start hurrying up and blogging all the cool things that I've been up to or I'll be so far behind that I forget stuff...which last year I did a lot. The swing camp was very cool, just as last year we stayed in the bunk beds which in my opinion is the most fun. And each day we did a little bit more exploring than we did last year, heading out all over Margaret River and even a trip to Augusta because we were determined to find mini golf. Mind you the drive is 40mins, all in the name of mini golf but it was a pretty fun little adventure.
We had a "J" themed party...Leah's a jukebox and Nicoles a bag of jelly beans :)

My absolute favourite costume of the night was this one...Jiminy Cricket, brilliant! And that's Johnny Cash with my guitar :)

Haha here's our mini golf expedition...it's seen better days, don't you think. We drove 40 minutes to get to it and then laughed. We had fun however, inside the shed is arcade games and a scelectric car set and the owner gave us a dollar each to play a game and lots of time on the cars, nice bloke :)

LOOK!!! The chairs I have been after for my fifties table, I swear if we had the room in the car I would have haggled for these :)

Tammy being held hostage by a creepy pelican

From there we set off on more adventures, Googling what to do in Augusta and Cape Leeuwin, guess what is in Cape Leeuwin?  A lighthouse, guess what else?....not much. So with really only one option we headed up the coast to look at the lighthouse...oh my the Australian coast is just breathtakingly beautiful.
Crystal clear pool we waded in, this beach was FULL of perfectly rounded pebbles, it was beautiful.

On the coast walking over huge boulders

Unfortunately this doesn't capture the huge CAVERN these two are jumping over :)

Steven Mitchell asked me to sing with the band that night, which was a major highlight!!!

Wrapping up the camp, then on the way home we decided to stop in and see THESE!
This is Lakes Cave, that's water on the bottom and it reflects the formations, they drip into the water too creating ripples, just stunning.
As you can imagine it was a weekend of lots of dancing, but ofcourse I don't have photos of that because I was too busy dancing, SUCH a great weekend...don't know how we are going to top next year, seeing as we've seen everything that there is to do down to the tip of Cape Leeuwin (which is the place where the Indian Ocean meets the Southern Ocean btw). We might have to plan ahead a bit and visit a different town and convoy in a different direction completely :D

2 comments:

  1. We played ping pong and because it's just no fun to play by the actual rules, we had beer pong (hence the cups in each corner) and a rule that you had to play with rediculous sight inhibating themed glasses on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Those dresses are so flattering!

    ReplyDelete