Sunday, November 11, 2012

Six Weeks in America- New York

So America was everything that I hoped it would be, we were crazy busy and literally walked til we could walk no more every day for 6 weeks straight. We started in New York, went to a swing dancing camp in New Hamphire, back to New York, Orlando, Miami, New Orleans, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Hawaii. We visited Disneyland and Disney World, Legoland, Universal studios and went on some incredible rides, it was a blast. My favourite attraction out of all the parks was the "Enchanted Tiki Room" in Disneyland, where animatronic flowers, tikis and birds sing...it was SO Disney I laughed and cried and felt like an overwealmed little girl. 
 Times Square
 Yankee Stadium watching the Yankees play the Toronto Blue Jays, they WON and they play "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra over and over til the stadium is empty, epic.
 We cycled through Central Park and our tour guide actually made a detour when I said that I HAD to see Alice, what a nice guy. I have wanted to see these statues since I was a little girl.
 Playing silly buggers at FAO Schwarz, the GIANT toy store in New York. It's where the scene from the Tom Hanks film "Big" where they play the giant floor piano, another place that I have wanted to visit since I was a little girl.
 Buying pretties in Tiffany's 5th Avenue, the security guard actually told us to stand here as it makes for better photograph :)
 On top of the Rockefeller Building
 Riding a beautiful vintage carousel in Brooklyn
Watching the Yankees game


No comments:

Post a Comment