Friday, May 14, 2010

Free!!!!!!!!


Well I've done something spectacular, something I have been meaning to do for such a very long time...I always thought I'd be a lot more organised though.

I quit my job, I quit the job that I have wondered why I'm still there for the last 7 years, for a little while there I'd even convinced myself that I was the career choice that I wanted and was looking into how I could do teaching or management or what-not, CRAZY!!!

I completed the first instalment of my NLP training and came out of there going "WHAT THE F$%# AM I DOING!!!" I gotta get outta here and get on with it!
So I decided I'm out!

I decided the Wednesday night after being back at work 2 days after holidays that I'll hand in my resignation Friday, I have Thursdays off, so printed it out and braced myself and then handed it over Friday.

It felt AWESOME, not because I hate my job, in fact I love it, but I feel so proud of myself for being so brave and decisive! And that a new world of possibility and allows me to pursue all of the things I've ever wanted to do.

Right now I'm culling most of the house and putting it on eBay to free up some space to start my business...I've already taken advantage of Sister in Wonderland having a verge-side collection so that's freeing up some space in the storage downstairs now to get stuck into the spare room!

Now eBay has a new way of doing listings so I've had to master online photo hosting and now html listing...lucky I started this blog or I'd have NO idea what I'm doing...I relish in learning new skills and with Google at your fingertips NOTHING is impossible! :)

I've always thought that I've always been "all about ME!" but the more I look into this, I haven't been when it really matters. I've been saying 'yes' to things I really don't want to do and getting no added benefits to those who do the right thing by themselves and say "no", and anchoring a "yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir" mentality that you HAVE to do things that you don't want to do to get ahead... and it's just SO false!

Plus I've been reading Tim Ferris's book The Four Hour Work Week and I'm all inspired, this guy's writing is easy to follow and IT MAKES SENSE in a "derr/aaha" kind of a way that makes me look at everything I do and the reasons that I don't do and say to myself, "really what have I got to lose?". Sadly yet also immensely liberating...nothing!


I'm all inspired, all I have to do is find a way to replace my income, I'm resourceful and I don't actually feel concerned about finding a way to make money at all, the options are limitless! Then to fill my non-business hours with things that I want to accomplish, I indulge in thoughts of a walk each day, waking when my body clock allows, having time to prepare healthy meals, hanging out in my garden, dancing all the styles that I wish, crafts and sewing. They seem so simple but what matters is that it matters to me!  Also better health as my body has been lifting for 7 years, it kind hurts a bit by the end of the day plus working from home you don't catch kiddy bugs. So for now they are the things that I most look forward to, the flexibility and some calm for a while...then...

GO TIME!!! Then the fun begins, then I go nuts finding arts, singing, dancing SOMETHING that fills any number of these burning desires that keep me awake at night!!! The always seemingly difficult career options that I never thought to just wing it and pursue so really should have never made judgement at all as to how difficult they should be in the first place! Yes I found that sentence hard to follow too, meh but can you sense the passion! hehe

So all in all PROUD as punch, EXCITED and a little bit 'a feared' so that means I've made the right choice, coz if your not a teesy bit scared your still working within the same perimeters of the boxed thinking that got you there...ahhh I'm breaking FREE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment